This archive is now a read only site.
There is also a copy of the history that has been converted into a git repository at: https://github.com/IATI/IATI-Wiki-Archive.
Please do not rely on any of the information found here.
Table of Contents
The AidView API is an eXist data store of IATI data, with an API layer providing support for:
- Retrieving individual project data
- Accessing aggregated statistics
- Free text searching over the data
It is primarily developed for the the AidView application, but is accessible for addition prototype development.
AidView uses an API which stores a sub-set of the data from the IATI Registry and is currently accessible at http://datadev.aidinfolabs.org/xquery/woapi.xq
The data in the API has been through an import pipeline which:
- Normalises currency to USD
- Creates total project values based on the highest of total commitments, total disbursement or total spending
- Pre-computers OLAP cubes for a number of values to support faster queries
Data stored in the API is manually refreshed, and editorialised, so the main corpus of data only includes data appropriate for display in the AidView interface (e.g. recent projects).
An open source version of the code for the AidView API is due soon.
Check the AidView Backend Database documentation for details of how to set up your own version of the API.